Family Friendly Wi-Fi campaign in which we are targeting Starbucks, asking them to install strong filtering on their public Wi-Fi to prohibit pornography. www.familyfriendlywifi.ca There is an online petition that people can quickly and easily sign. On the website you can also find the letters that we have written to the Canadian CEO, along with our rationale for the campaign.
We are delighted that an MP has put together a Motion recognizing the harmful effects of online sexual violence and asking for the Federal Health Committee to give consideration to how we can counteract this. Click here to read the motion. Should this pass in the House of Commons, the Health committee would then be listening to a large number of expert witnesses on why there needs to be a public health response to pornography in our country. To this end, Defend Dignity would like to see our constituents support this motion in the following ways: sign the petition, sign and send a letter to their MP (Defend Dignity will be crafting the letter shortly and will send to you), visit their MP asking them to support the motion. Click here for the petition
Defend Dignity toolkits now available for $50!
This great resource will equip you with many useful tools to help educate others to become informed and engage in the issue of human trafficking and its most common endpoint of prostitution here in Canada. DVD of video resources; thumb drive contacting educational, promotional and fundraising information; Invisible Chains by award winning law professor Benjamin Perrin; postcards; poster; Stories of Hope booklet. The jute carry bags are from www.FreesetGlobal.com, an organization which provides a sustainable employment option for formerly exploited women.
To order, go to the dD website: www.defenddignity.ca
Mission of Defend Dignity
- in the inherent dignity and value of all women, men and children made in the image of God.
- prostitution is a form of sexual exploitation, oppression and violence especially against women and children and seriously undermines their dignity and value
- prostitution is detrimental to a healthy society
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada is therefore committed to the abolition of prostitution by:
- raising awareness and public education on prostitution, sexual exploitation and sex trafficking
- advocating for stronger legal and social deterrents to eliminate both the illicit demand for and the selling of sex
- developing resources to empower our congregations to take action against prostitution, sexual exploitation and sex trafficking
For more information visit the Defend Dignity website at: www.defenddignity.ca