National Ministry Centre
To faithfully serve the Alliance family as we strive to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered and Mission-focused.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
To assist with general office duties for the Refugee Sponsorship Program.
Reports directly to: Director of Justice and Compassion
Works closely with the following:
- Internal contacts: Director of Justice and Compassion, Refugee Sponsorship Program Assistant, and Justice and Compassion Administrative Assistant.
- External contacts: Denominational Partner Point Persons, and Sponsorship Group Representatives, Local Family/Co-Sponsors, other Sponsorship Agreement Holders, and IRCC.
DURATION: 12 months contract. Full-time hours of 37.5 hours per week from Monday – Friday
Support the Refugee Sponsorship Program through the following activities:
- Assists with responding to Refugee Sponsorship emails
- Screens phone messages and calls regarding refugee sponsorship and return phone calls
- Refugee case data entry
- Assists with sponsorship electronic file organization
- Assists with reviewing refugee application documents
The ideal candidate will be well organized, flexible, and enjoy providing general office support.
A high energy level, ability to be motivated by working with a variety of people, an optimistic, empathetic attitude and self-starting ability are needed for this position. Also, the ability to respond to phone inquiries or emails from refugees, refugee family members, sponsoring groups, or other inquirers with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role.
This person must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team oriented environment. Most important asset is a strong feeling of compassion for displaced people and a sensitivity to people experiencing these difficult circumstances.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, attention to detail and strong technical skills are equally important to this role.
Knowledge or experience in the following is an asset: Refugee settlement involvement, work with new Canadians, administration, experience with Sumac database.
- Strong Office 365 skillsets: Sharepoint, Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Proficient in data-entry, independent research and resourcing
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential information
- Compassionate telephone manner: A patient empathetic approach is essential
- Strong interpersonal relational skills: Able to maintain effective working relationships with refugees, sponsorship group representatives, staff, sponsorship agreement holders, and others contacted in the course of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn quickly
- Refugee sponsorship knowledge or experience is an asset, but not required
- Some knowledge of any of the following denominations and their missions and visions as it relates to justice and compassion is an asset, but not required: The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada, Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada, and the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.
- Fluency in English
- French language fluency, or other second language, an asset
- Post-Secondary Education, an asset
COMPETENCIES ALSO INTEGRAL TO THE POSITION:
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems
- Personal work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Adheres to deadlines
- Ensures confidentiality, diplomacy and tact at all times
- Works well both independently and as a team member
- Listening Skills
- Organizing/Planning ability
Notice of Accommodation:
Please note: The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Sandra Browne (Operations Manager), at 416-674-7878 Ext.# 348 or by e-mail at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place if you are invited to interview or before you begin your employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com