O God, with all our hearts we long to be:
a movement of churches
transformed by Christ,
transforming Canada and the world.
By your grace and for your glory:
• Renew and empower us through a fresh encounter with yourself
• Release us to be strategic in service, kingdom-connected in practice, passionate in pursuit of your mission and mercy
Use us to fulfill your purpose for Canada and the world.
“WITH ALL OUR HEARTS…”
• Seek out 4-5 others. Pray the Lord to “Unite my heart to fear Your name… Ps. 86:11b”
• Confess any reserve to pray this prayer wholeheartedly.
• Acknowledge that to pray this prayer is to commit to it, to sacrifice toward its completion and to engage with other churches to accomplish it.
• Request that half-hearted devotion be replaced with a growing yearning that God have His way among us as a movement of churches.
A MOVEMENT OF CHURCHES…
• Repent of any attitude or behavior that stops churches from looking beyond themselves. Start with yourself.
• Name whatever ingrown thinking needs to leave your own congregation and renounce it.
• Pray for your congregation to develop “new wineskins” for “new wine” – new strategies, new forms, and new approaches to reach a changing society with the gospel.
• Ask God for fresh strategies to partner with the Alliance church(es) nearest to you to touch your community.
• Ask the Lord for partnerships with other churches (name them specifically) and commit to working with them.
TRANSFORMED BY CHRIST…
You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you…
• Ask that our movement be “transformed by the renewing of [our] mind”. Begin with yourself.
• Pray for the C&MA to be open to, and utterly committed to the life-changing, the radical and the new, even as we stand in our heritage.
• Pray for personal transformation-name an area that needs to be changed in your own life.
• Pray for congregational transformation-name an area that needs to be changed in your church.
CANADA AND THE WORLD…
Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, the ends of the earth…
• Pray for our nation-the government-that Godly agendas be required through minority rule.
• Pray for a missionary you know by name in a cross-cultural situation. Ask God to provide inspiration. Ask God if you are to be a provider.
• Pray for an utterly unreached people group-those under the domination of Islam, closed Hindu and Buddhist nations, etc.
A FRESH ENCOUNTER…
• Pray for each other that Jesus grant a fresh “baptism in the Holy Spirit” resulting in holiness, power for service and new release of spiritual gifts not known before.
• Pray for our leaders-local pastors, DS’s, the president and vice-presidents by name-that the Spirit of the Lord revisit their lives in remarkable new ways.
• Pray that we corporately would receive a fresh infilling of the Lord’s Spirit as He leads us to transform others.
STRATEGIC IN SERVICE…
Get up and go to a street called straight… Acts 9:11
• Pray for our national, district and local leaders to do the things that succeed and to drop the things that are no longer relevant.
• In your own church, name what needs to be dropped and what needs to be developed/occur to reach your area.
“Preach…’the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons…'” Matt 10:7-8
• Pray that our churches put “first the kingdom of God and His righteousness”-that budgets, decisions, staffing-all reflect kingdom values.
• Pray that the powers of darkness be embarrassed, as the kingdom of Satan is expelled through our obedience.
• Pray that healings, deeper life, deliverance from demonic influences occurs as we plant churches, learning institutions and send workers around the world
PASSIONATE IN PURSUIT…
I did not prove disobedient to the heavenly vision… Acts 26:19
• Pray that God would come to our aid in three ways (name people in each category):
a) to raise up fresh energy among the discouraged, the grieving, and the wounded
b) to rekindle the fire of the weary, and
c) to embrace the determination of the impassioned.